October 13, 2012

SSS

Well yesterday was my Super Saturday Session and although I was not in the mood to go I had to JFDI especially after I looked at my motivational poster on my wall. Once I was in the gym I really got in the zone and I was smashing through my workout. My partner came over and said I was like the energiser bunny and I really did feel like it. I just kept going and going and going and it really felt like nothing was going to stop me....
Until.. I was in the last round of the SSS and I was doing some ice skaters when I accidently jumped on one of my dumbells that was sitting on the ground and rolled my ankle! It hurt but the pain soon subsided and I continuted with the little amount of workout that I had left. Now it is the next day and my ankle is really sore! I am finding that I am limping a bit. It frustrates me because I am always getting injuries that interfere with my workout.

My plan is to work around my injury and this is where I am seeing a real change within myself. Normally I would let the injury take control, stop going to the gym and basically give up. This time no way! I can actually tell that I have changed a lot because my partner was just leaving for the gym and I was crying because I couldn't go. Crying because I can't go to the gym?! Michelle Bridges look what you have done to me! I love the gym now and I genuinely hate to miss any sessions! I have decided to listen to my body and to rest my foot for today and then see how I go tomorrow. Hopefully resting it will make the pain go away and I will be fine to do a session tomorrow... Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment