October 13, 2012

I'M BACK!

Wow! I have not updated my blog in quite some time! I have been away from my computer. Lucky me, I had school holidays (I am a teacher) and could go up and see my sister and her beautiful kids for two weeks. Unlucky for me whilst I was away I went for a run and hurt my foot so I could not work out the whole time I was away and just had to be really mindful of what I was eating.

Now I am back and into the swing of things. My partner's work roster has changed which has upset a lot of things. We used to go to the gym together every day after work (I would finish at 3pm and he would finish at 4pm) we would head to the gym at 5pm. However, my partner now doesn't finish until 8pm most days and I am finding that I have to go at it alone. It is hard not to have a training partner and I am finding that I have to be more organised. The night before work I have to pack a back pack with my training gear and then straight after work I have to catch a train and then a bus to get to the gym. I am finding that I have become a lot more independent and it is actually more easy to get into the right headset to go to the gym after work.

This week has absolutely smashed me, first week back at the gym and all my muscles have been aching! I am hurting in places where I didn't even think I would have muscles to use! I am loving this feeling because it means that I am doing something right.I have already started to notice changes in my body and my whole general outlook on life. I feel much more alive, happier each and every day.

This week I did my first ever boxing session. I was so nervous about going in and I noticed that all of negative thoughts started to come back in:
- you're too unfit to do this
- everyone will laugh at you
- you're way too fat to be doing boxing

I found that once I started those negative thoughts seem to go away and I was really getting into the zone. It helped that my trainer was a lot like Mish and she made me push that extra bit harder. After I came out of the session I was totally exhausted! I had smahsed over 700 cals in a 45 minute session and I was amazed!! I had never felt more alive and more pumped and I think I have found my new favourite class. I can see why shannon ponton brags on about it so much!

The next day after boxing my muscles were so sore, my whole body was screaming! Although I was in pain I have to admit that I love the feeling!!


My new pink boxing gloves!

No comments:

Post a Comment