September 08, 2012

Changing I can't into I CAN

So here I am,

The 12wbt has started and this is my first blog post since because quite frankly I am very disappointed with how things have been going so far. I should be proud of myself, proud that I am making a change, proud that I am making my life better and working towards being the best possible version of myself. However, all i feel is disappointment.

I felt fantastic, I felt like I had set myself up for success. I had completed all of my preseason tasks (just as Michelle had told us to) and I had written all my workout days in my diary but even from week 1 I had problems.  I had a gas leak in our apartment which meant no cooking on the Sunday before week 1 to prepare all my healthy meals. I did however try my best to find healthy alternatives and I made a delicious yummy chicken salad for work the next day and had ham and salad for dinner. I started to work out and was feeling great. Then Thursday came.... I started to get massive body aches all over and because I had not worked out for so long I thought that it was DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) however this was not the case. I went to my doctor on Saturday who told me I had a virus and would need to take time off work. I had to rest which meant no exercising at the gym and I just started to feel all the negativity setting in!

Week 1 was a mess up and I gained weight, week 2 weigh in I gained another 500grams. The depression was well and truley kicking in by now. My training had gone out the window, my eating had gone out the window. We are heading into Week 3 now and I am still sick and about 98% sure that I will have another gain this week :-(

There is however one task that Michelle has set which I am thankful for. The inspiration board challenge!! It allowed me to look at what really motivates and inspires me and where I want to be by the end of this program. I put up quotes and pictures and right in the middle I put my excuses and their solutions from one of my preseason tasks. I feel like I have been going about this the wrong way. The moment I can't exercise I just assume there is no point in eating healthy and suddenly those biscuits look appealing. Where in actual fact it is really 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. So from this week on even if I can not exercise I am going to eat super healthy and make sure that I am 100% onto my nutrition. Just because I can't exercise does not mean that I have to give up!


No comments:

Post a Comment